Temporary Work (Long Stay Activity) visa (subclass 401)


This visa allows you to come to Australia on a temporary basis to:

  • work in a skilled position under a staff exchange arrangement (the Exchange stream)
  • participate in high-level sports competitions (the Sport stream)
  • do full-time religious work (the Religious Worker stream)
  • do full-time domestic work in the household of certain senior foreign executives (the Domestic Worker (Executive) stream).


You might be able to get this visa if you:

  • are sponsored by an approved sponsor
  • are nominated to undertake an approved activity
  • have the skills and experience relevant to the nominated activity.