This visa allows foreign crew on non-military ships on international voyages to:
- enter Australia by sea
- crew or be the partner or dependent child of crew.
You might be able to get this visa if you are a crew member of a ship that is:
- used for commercial trading
- used for carrying paying passengers
- owned and operated by a foreign government to do scientific research
- approved for ‘public vessel’ status by the Australian government
- registered in the Australian International Shipping Register.