Contributory parent visa (subclass 143)


This visa lets parents of an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen live in Australia.


You might be able to get this visa if you:

  • are sponsored or
  • hold a temporary Contributory Parent visa (subclass 173)
  • meet the balance-of-family test
  • are prepared to pay higher visa application charges for faster processing.