This temporary visa:
- allows a child to travel to and from or stay in Australia until their parent’s permanent Partner visa is finalised
- is required if the child is to be added to a permanent Partner visa application after a temporary Partner visa has been granted to their parent.
A child might be able to get this visa if:
- their parent holds a temporary Partner visa (subclass 309 or 820) or a Dependent Child visa (subclass 445)
- they are sponsored by the same person who sponsored their parent
- they are single
- they are younger than 18 years of age, or one of the following:
- financially dependent on their parent holding the temporary Partner visa, or
- incapacitated for work due to the total or partial loss of bodily or mental functions.