Dependent Child visa (subclass 445)


This temporary visa:

  • allows a child to travel to and from or stay in Australia until their parent’s permanent Partner visa is finalised
  • is required if the child is to be added to a permanent Partner visa application after a temporary Partner visa has been granted to their parent.


A child might be able to get this visa if:

  • their parent holds a temporary Partner visa (subclass 309 or 820) or a Dependent Child visa (subclass 445)
  • they are sponsored by the same person who sponsored their parent
  • they are single
  • they are younger than 18 years of age, or one of the following:
  • financially dependent on their parent holding the temporary Partner visa, or
  • incapacitated for work due to the total or partial loss of bodily or mental functions.