Orphan Relative visa (subclass 117)


This visa allows a child to travel to and live permanently in Australia with their sponsoring relative.


This visa is for a child who is:

  • applying outside Australia
  • an orphan, or their parents are unable to care for them
  • younger than 18 years of age
  • sponsored by their relative who is an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen