This visa allows skilled workers to live and work in specified regional areas in Australia for up to four years.
For the Invited Pathway – Submit an Expression of Interest.
For the Extended Stay Pathway – Apply for a Skilled Regional (Provisional) Renewal (subclass 489) visa.
For family members of someone who already holds a subclass 489, 475, 487, 495 or 496 – Apply for a Skilled Regional (Provisional) Subsequent Entrant (subclass 489) visa.
You might be eligible to apply for this visa if invited. When we sent your letter of invitation, you must also have:
- been nominated by an Australian State or Territory government agency or sponsored by an eligible relative living in a designated area
- nominated an occupation that is on the relevant skilled occupations list
- a suitable skills assessment for that occupation
- not yet turned 50 years of age
- achieved the score specified in your letter of invitation based on the factors in the points test
- at least competent English
Extended Stay Pathway
- You can also apply for this visa if you hold a provisional visa in subclass 496, 495, 487 or 475.