This visa is for people who want to travel to Australia to:
- do short-term, highly specialised, non-ongoing work
- participate in non-ongoing cultural or social activities at the invitation of an Australian organisation, or
- in limited circumstances, participate in an activity or work relating to Australia’s interests.
Generally the stay period allowed is up to three months but up to six months may be considered in limited circumstances if supported by a strong business case.
You might be eligible for this visa if you are outside Australia and you:
- have specialised skills, knowledge or experience that can assist Australian business
- have been invited to participate in an event by an organisation in Australia, or
are required in Australia for exceptional circumstances of national importance, such as to assist following a natural disaster.